Pastor David Herbert Hatch grew up in Ames, IA. After graduating from high school, he was uncertain of God’s path for his life. His older sister, Bonnie Jean, lived in Milwaukee, WI. When she heard he was at a loss of what to do, she called her brother and said, "There is a great little Lutheran college up here, why don't you come?" Little did he know, Concordia College in Milwaukee was originally a pre-seminary training school and still had a strong base of pre-seminary students. God unfolded His plan and used David’s sister to direct his path to Concordia College in Milwaukee.
While at Concordia in Milwaukee, the Lord in His indescribable providence brought Therese Ruth-Marie Kappes into his life. Therese and David were married on Nov. 18, 1978 in Milwaukee by Therese’s dad, Rev. Adolph Kappes Jr. They are blessed with two sons. Ryan was born in Fort Wayne, IN in 1981 and Bret was born in Albany, NY in 1983.
David was ordained in 1982 at his home church: Saint Paul Lutheran in Ames, IA. In the late fall of 1988, there was a Divine Call from Our Saviour Lutheran Church in Green Bay, WI. After much dialog and prayerful consideration for God's plan, on Feb. 14, 1989 the Call was accepted. The installation took place on David’s birthday, April 30 of that year.
• Served as Admissions Counselor at Concordia College in Bronxville, NY (1982-1983); pastor at Love Lutheran Church outside of Albany, NY (1983-1989); currently at Our Saviour Lutheran Church in Green Bay, WI (1989-present).
• Founded and operated an Internet based missionary service called, “Speed The Need.” Missionaries around the globe came to rely on news feeds, communications connections and various virtual toolboxes that this ministry provided.
• Currently enrolled as a student chaplain through Aurora BayCare Medical Center in Green Bay, WI. He enjoys his ministry with hospice patients. Soon he will complete his Clinical Pastoral Education Certification.
• Created numerous visual faith-based courses at OSLC. For example, four—ten week courses: Man's Search for Meaning, The Accountable Steward, Pilgrim's Progress and Raising Saints.
• Over the years, he has been shifting his worship messages into visual formats, to allow for a deeper impression, into the spiritual heart.
Pastor David and Therese treasure their family. God has blessed them with three beautiful grandchildren. Some favorite hobbies include: walking, biking, touring, classic film and late night cribbage. David also relishes reading books by classic theologians, scholars and philosophers. Therese continues to be an inexpressible support to her husband!
To God be the glory!
Michelle is the church secretary and administrative support.
Joanne is the director of our Preschool and has been with the church for many years.
IT Technical Support
Adam is our volunteer IT support. Adam makes updates to the Church website and Facebook page.